The Business Administration staff oversees a $37 million operating budget along with Essex County Prosecutor’s Office’s criminal forfeiture accounts. Additionally, it oversees the Office’s 12 major grant-funded programs totaling more than $1.6 million per year. The Unit provides crucial support services at ECPO’s six office sites, including facility management, supply distribution, inventory, purchasing, budgeting, personnel records, time keeping, payroll, and criminal case file storage and retrieval.
Capital equipment—including copiers, telephones, fax machines, desk units and file storage cabinets—is continually monitored to identify and prioritize replacement needs. The Unit assists the Prosecutor and executive management team with long-term planning and strategic decision support including staffing plans, compensation policies, and capital spending/infrastructure decisions.
The Business Administration Unit’s support functions also include:
- Cooperation with program and financial auditors
- Workers’ Compensation reporting
- Office renovation and safety improvements
- Purchase request processing and shipping receipt
- Supply storage, inventory, and distribution
- Liaison to County, State, and Federal government offices